Patient Education Aids
- Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy Health Topics – Wexler Medical Centre, Ohio State University
https://patienteducation.osumc.edu/pages/patienteducation/atoztopicdetail.aspx?t=Physical%20Therapy%20(PT) or, https://patienteducation.osumc.edu/pages/patienteducation/atoztopicdetail.aspx?t=Occupational%20Therapy%20(OT)
This site provides printable patient education aids for occupational therapy and physical therapy intervention in pdf format free of charge.
- PT Tool Kit or OT Tool Kit
http://www.pttoolkit.com or, http://www.ottoolkit.com
Both of these toolkits include a comprehensive collection of patient education handouts and treatment guides in pdf format. There is a fee to purchase these collections.
- Role of the OTA/PTA in Wheelchair Provision: Part 1 & 2
http://www.sunrisemedical.ca/blog/the-role-of-ota-pta-part-one and http://www.sunrisemedical.ca/blog/the-role-of-the-ota-pta
Both articles support the role of the OTA & PTA in the provision of wheelchair mobility.
- Wheelchair Skills Program – Dalhousie University, Faculty of Medicine
This on-line resource contains training videos as well as printed resources to support wheelchair training.
- Canadian Seating and Mobility Conference http://www.csmc.ca
This is an annual conference in Toronto , ON and features representatives and equipment relevant to anyone involved with wheelchair mobility.
- Evidenced Informed Muscle Manual
This manual is an evidenced based resource to maintain your clinical anatomy skills if you are new on the job or just returning back to work in a clinical environment.
- Stroke Engine – Heart & Stroke Foundation Canadian Partnership for Stroke Rcovery
This is a comprehensive database for health professionals and families who want comprehensive information on stroke rehabilitation.
T.A Use In Paediatric Setings
This website provides resources to promote the delivery of paediatric therapy in BC. There are some historical reports and research reviews on the use of assistants in paediatric settings that may be helpful for OTAs and PTAs interested in expanding their roles in paediatric populations.